Rio Mobility Firefly Wheelchair Handcycle Attachment
The above video explains the installation process. When you install the device for the first time, it should take 1-2 hours, after which attachment can be done in 5 minutes or less.
Description & Useful information
The Rio Mobility Firefly Wheelchair handcycle will transform your wheelchair into a high-performance machine.
It is designed to fit most folding/ rigid, adult and pediatric chairs and with the added boost of an electric motor. It is lightweight and fully based on electric power.
All of the controls that you need are within easy reach and you can choose from five power levels. This handcycle’s steering turns a full 90 degrees, allowing you to turn in place when navigating tight spaces indoors like cafes, stores, and similar places.
The firefly wheelchair attachment also allows people who would like to explore outdoors in a different way. As you can see in the firefly wheelchair video, the user can take the device into hills, non-pavement terrains without any issue.
The firefly wheelchair will allow you to go up to 15 miles per charge, with a speed of 12 mph which is very generous. Not to mention how portable it can be and easy to fit in any trunk.
So far our customers have loved this handcycle attachment, as you can see in the firefly wheelchair reviews, the majority are great.
If you want to improve your mobility, there’s no better than the Rio Mobility Firefly Wheelchair attachment!
- Digital control center: All the controls are within easy reach: 5 power level
- Can be easily snapped on and off with our patented attachment system
- Portable, easily detached and stored in any trunk so there is no need for an expensive custom van
- The high-capacity lithium battery has an extra-long life and gives long-range, is a lightweight, compact package
- Powerful, compact, and quiet brushless electric hub motor
- Totally adjustable for all wheelchairs and wheelchair users
Top speed is 12 mph / 19 kph
Speed limiter included
Lithium ion 36V, 6.6AH, 238 Wh
>15 miles/24 km
36V, 2A, input
~4 hours if battery is fully
350W, 36V geared brushless
140mm disc brake and
FRAME & COMPONENTS
Frame Aluminum 6061
Tire 12.5″ X 2.25″ (62-203)
Attachment Frame Weight
5.2 lbs / 2.6 kg
Drive Unit Weight
14.4 lbs / 6.5 kg
4.4 lbs / 2.0 kg
Total Weight with Battery
24 lbs / 10.9 kg
280 lbs / 127 kg combined user and wheelchair
36” x 9” x 13”
93cm x 22cm x 32cm
31.0 lbs / 14.0 kg
FIREFLY WHEELCHAIR COMPATIBILITY LIST
The Firefly can accommodate chairs of seat width 35.5 cm-55.8 cm / 14 inches-22 inches. The frame tube diameter must be either:
22.2 mm / 7/8 inch, 25.4mm / 1 inch, 28.6mm / 1.125 inch 30.5mm / 1.2 inch, or 31.8mm / 1.25 inch
For specific brands and models here is a complete list:
- Karman: LT-770Q, LT-800T, S-2501, S-Ergo ATX, S-Ergo 105, S-Ergo 106, LT-980, LT-990, XO-101
- TiLite: 2GX, Aero R, Aero X, Aero Z, Aero T, BB, Tr / TRC, TX, X / XC, YG, YR, ZR, ZRa
- Invacare Wheelchairs: A4, A4 Titanium Adjustable, ProSpin X4, Top End Crossfire All Terrain
- Top End Wheelchairs: Top End Crossfire T6, Top End Crossfire T6A, Top End Crossfire Titanium, Top End Transformer, Xtra
- Quickie Wheelchairs: Quickie 2, Quickie 2 Lite, Quickie 2HP, Quickie GP - SA, Quickie GP/GPV, Quickie GPS, Quickie GPS Titanium, Quickie GPV Competition, Quickie GT, Quickie GTi, Quickie GTX-FF, Quickie XTR, Quickie Triumph, Quickie TNT, Quickie Titanium, Quickie ST/D
- Nissin: Actifold, Verve, Fusion
- Kuschall: Air Lite Pro, Air Lite Pro II (K-Junior), Champion, Fusion, K Junior, R33, Ultra-Light
- Colours: Avenger, Challenger, Chump, Eclipse, Hammer, Krypto, Little Dipper, Razorblade, Spazz, Spazz G, Swoosh, Tremor, Zephy
- Quantum: Lifestream XF
- Ki Mobility:Catalyst 4, Catalyst 4C, Catalyst 5, Catalyst 5ti, Catalyst 5vx