Rio Mobility Firefly Wheelchair Handcycle Attachment 2.5
Looking for a way to make your wheelchair more versatile and fun? Check out the Rio Mobility Firefly Electric Handcycle! This attachment quickly converts a manual wheelchair into a 12mph electric handcycle, making it perfect for travelling over grass, hills, and even side slopes. It's adjustable to fit most users and wheelchairs. With up to 15 miles of range on a single charge, the Firefly Electric Handcycle is perfect for those long days out and about. If you want to improve your mobility, there’s no better way than this!
- • The Firefly attaches to most wheelchairs. Download our chair fit guide here.
- • Separate color coded forward and reverse throttles w/ silicone anti-slip grip.
- • 350 watts, 5 speed modes can take you up to 12 miles per hour, lower speeds allow you to maneuver around buildings and stores with ease.
- • Removable lightweight lithium ion battery gives you >15 miles range.
- • Quick-release center frame comes apart easily without tools for transportation in a car, plane, or for storage.
- • Dual rolling kickstands for easier parking and storage.
- • Full color display screen with haptic-touch feedback buttons.
Check out the video of installation process below. When you install the device for the first time, it could take 30 minutes to 1 hour. After which, attachment can be done in only 5 minutes or less. Please note the video is from the Firefly Wheelchair Handcycle Attachment version 2.0 and serves as an explanation.
Other Useful Information
- •The Rio Mobility Firefly Wheelchair handcycle 2.5 will transform your wheelchair into a high-performance machine.
- • It is designed to fit most folding/rigid, adult, and pediatric chairs and with the added boost of an electric motor. It is lightweight and fully based on electric power.
- • The new Firefly Wheelchair Handcycle Attachment 2.5 comes in two colors, Chrome Red and Metallic Dark Grey. You can also customize the tires for "Road Tire" or "Off-Road Tire". The latter will give you better performance whenever you are heading into non pavement surfaces such as parks, hills, etc.
- • All of the controls that you need are within easy reach and you can choose from five power levels. This handcycle’s steering turns a full 90 degrees, allowing you to turn in place when navigating tight spaces indoors like cafes, stores, and similar places.
- • The Firefly Wheelchair Attachment also allows people who would like to explore outdoors in a different way. As you can see in the firefly wheelchair video, the user can take the device into hills, non-pavement terrains without any issue.
- • The firefly wheelchair will allow you to go up to 15 miles per charge, with a speed of 12 mph which is very generous. Not to mention how portable it can be and easy to fit in any trunk.
Customers have loved this handcycle attachment. Majority of the reviews made were great. Regain your freedom and mobility today, take it over grass and hills. Take control of your life again! With the Firefly wheelchair attachment, you can go anywhere!
- • Top speed is 12 mph / 19 kph
- • Speed Limiter included in the Color Display
- • 25 lbs/12 kg
- • Chrome Red
- • Metallic Dark Grey
- • Battery: lithium-ion, Panasonic GA cells, 36 volt * 7 amp hours = 252-watt hours
- • Battery Range: >15 miles/24 km
• New compact charger: 36V, 2A output (UL, AUS & CE)
- • New upgraded 3 pin charging port
- • Charging Time: ~3 hours if the battery is fully discharged
• The battery has a USB-A charging port and is essentially mobile device power bank
- • Motor: 350W, 36V geared, brushless hub motor w/ reinforced hybrid nylon/ steel gears
- • Motor wire: exits from the axle at the frame instead of the axle end to reduce wire damage
• Motor rim: integrated wide rim to match the wide tire profile for maximum traction!
- • Dual 140mm rotor disc brakes
- • Brake lever: one locking lever, one with integrated bell
- • Mirrored dual-pull brake calipers for easy adjustments and even pad wear - an industry first!
- • Disc brake pads with cooling fins
FRAME & COMPONENTS
- • Frame custom extruded shape Aluminum 6061-T6.
- • The custom shape reduces riding vibration while increasing strength.
- • Matching stem profile with frame shim insert (allows for smooth handlebar height adjustment).
- • Tire: oversize 12.5″ X 3.0″ (75-203)
- • Split fender mudguard: matches the wide tire profile and is very durable.
- • Dual -10 lux LED Light System (one light to see the road, one light to be seen by oncoming traffic).
- • Locking headset for easier transfers and easy upright storage.
- • All threaded quick release connectors ensure your components stay connected during transport.
- • Ergonomic handlebar grips with bar-end to make sure your hands stay in place!
FIREFLY WHEELCHAIR COMPATIBILITY LIST
2. Tube diameters. Currently, supported tubing diameters are:
7/8 in -or- 22.2 mm | 1 in -or- 25.4 mm | 1.125 in -or- 28.6 mm | 1.2 in -or- 30.5 mm | 1.25 in -or- 31.8 mm
COMPLETE LIST OF COMPATIBLE BRANDS AND MODELS:
- Karman: LT-770Q, LT-800T, S-2501, S-Ergo ATX, S-Ergo 105, S-Ergo 106, LT-980, LT-990, XO-101
- TiLite: 2GX, Aero R, Aero X, Aero Z, Aero T, BB, Tr / TRC, TX, X / XC, YG, YR, ZR, ZRa
- Invacare Wheelchairs: A4, A4 Titanium Adjustable, ProSpin X4, Top End Crossfire All Terrain
- Top End Wheelchairs: Top End Crossfire T6, Top End Crossfire T6A, Top End Crossfire Titanium, Top End Transformer, Xtra
- Quickie Wheelchairs: Quickie 2, Quickie 2 Lite, Quickie 2HP, Quickie GP - SA, Quickie GP/GPV, Quickie GPS, Quickie GPS Titanium, Quickie GPV Competition, Quickie GT, Quickie GTi, Quickie GTX-FF, Quickie XTR, Quickie Triumph, Quickie TNT, Quickie Titanium, Quickie ST/D
- Nissin: Actifold, Verve, Fusion
- Kuschall: Air Lite Pro, Air Lite Pro II (K-Junior), Champion, Fusion, K Junior, R33, Ultra-Light
- Colours: Avenger, Challenger, Chump, Eclipse, Hammer, Krypto, Little Dipper, Razorblade, Spazz, Spazz G, Swoosh, Tremor, Zephy
- Quantum: Lifestream XF
- Ki Mobility: Catalyst 4, Catalyst 4C, Catalyst 5, Catalyst 5ti, Catalyst 5vx